Monday 23 January 2012

Facebooking...Professionally?!

Hey all! So today I created a professional facebook page. Yeah I know, sounds like an oxymoron right? But they do exist! It's a unique way to communicate your specific career interests and goals with the social media community. This can allow people to learn about your professional goals (without seeing all those pictures from your reading week in Mexico where the tequila bottle never left your side!) As I have recently learned, Facebook can be used for something other than for seeing how your friend's trip to Australia is going. It can send out a quick blurb to the Facebook community about who you are and what you want to do with your life in a professional light. It can allow you to connect and collaborate with people who could maybe help you reach your goals in life. And that's huge! Who couldn't use a leg up every once in a while?

That's why I created my very own professional Facebook page, which can be viewed below. I gave a quick rundown of my skills, interests, work and volunteer experience, and education history. This allows people to see who I am and what I am about in a quick snapshot. Based on this information they can see if we have similar interests and goals and they may choose to contact me with some helpful information, or see if I can help them in some way. Here is an article on more ways to use Facebook in a professional sense: Facebook Networking. This article gives a thorough rundown on what to look for while searching for professional Facebook pages, as well as what you should include in yours.

Some of my other classmates have taken on the same kind of project and here is a link to one of their pages. You should check it out! Another Cool Blog Page!  


My professional Facebook page!
Visit my page here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lauren-Bradshaw/365470406802324#!/pages/Lauren-Bradshaw/365470406802324?sk=info




No comments:

Post a Comment